September 25, 2008

Magical Mini

Late last night, after cleaning up from my previous project (I'm doing so well at this now, it makes a big difference to how often I want to create!) I got the itch to stamp something! Well, I couldn't go to bed without indulging, so made this quick little mini. Good things really do come in small packages!
This is a love note card and envelope (available in packs of 20) I love this size, they are perfect for attaching to a box of choccies or some flowers. Mostly Flowers is a set I've looked at for a long time, but only just decided to grab a couple of weeks ago - I have to say, I love it! Also, a new big love for me is SU! White embossing powder! I added some to an order about a month ago, and there it has sat until last night. It's fantastic, not all clumpy like other white powders (which are now in the trash!) I've owned.

Really simple card: Stamp the Mostly Flowers image in Craft White or Versamark on Certainly Celery card. Emboss with white powder and punch with the 1 1/4" square. Layer on a 1 3/8" Square of Perfect Plum. Adhere a scrap of Certainly Celery prints paper to the card base, attach two Eyelets from the Soft Subtles pack. Pierce three rows using the mat pack template as a guide and tie on some wide grosgrain ribbon. All done!

Instead of stamping the sentiment on or in the card I've stamped it on the envelope, I like this kind of simple presentation for the mini cards sometimes. The sentiment is from Short & Sweet.

Have a great Thursday!



Stampin Supplies:
Stamp Set: Mostly Flowers, Short and Sweet
Ink: Perfect Plum, Versamark
Card stock: Certainly Celery, Perfect Plum
Paper: Certainly Celery Prints
Punches: 1/8" Handheld, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Square
Accessories: Mat Pack, Certainly Celery Wide Grosgrain, Soft Subtles eyelets, Crop-a-dile, Stampin’ Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive.
All supplies available from Stampin' Up! Please email me to order.

7 comments:

  1. I love this card! I will definatly start using my heat tool and embossing powders again, I think I should also take a leaf from your book and sort out my creativity space! there's nothing more deflating than wanting to sit down and create, then you see how much effort it is going to be to get started, and then quash your creativity and feel unproductive all night! (hmmmm, I might need some therapy, or for Sarah to come and spring clean and sort me out!)
    Kindest regards, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome Inspiration you are- I want to go and do some heat embossing! Something I haven't done for ages and it looks so good in the white! That wide ribbon looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! I love green so that makes it even lovelier! Congrats on keeping the clean work station -- I'm working towards doing that myself as it takes less time to clean up after each session than having to clean up days worth of messes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this wee mini card! And the colours are so fresh & spring-like!

    Have to agree with you on keeping the workstation clean & tidy ... definitely helps the next time you want to create and you don't have to clean first :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep love that set too...and it embosses soooo well. Great little card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now unfortunately I very rarely have a nice clean and tidy workstation ... when it does happen, it just doesn't last ... lol.

    Gorgeous wee card and I mean gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks gorgeous Sarah. I love embossing so I might have another go at doing some more :P TFS

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!