February 1, 2010

Friend to Friend

Hi everyone! I hope you had a great weekend, and haven't been affected by the heavy rain in some parts of the country. Saturday was an absolutely beautiful day here in Wellington. Shanan had some work to do over the weekend, so we packed a picnic, the laptop and *ahem* a few stamp supplies and spent the day in the sunshine....

How's that for an inspiring view? And yes, that is a basket full of punches....I don't pack lightly, as anyone who's been at a crop with me can tell you!

This morning dawned foggy and overcast at the top of our hill, it feels a little like being cushioned in clouds, perhaps that's why today's project is soft and subdued.

After a few projects last week featuring little to no stamping - I went to town on this 2-4-6-8 Box (Half a sheet of A4 card, score at 2" along the long side, then turn and score at 2", 4", 6" and 8". Cut off the smallest rectangle tab, cut alongside the bottom tabs, then adhere). I love making gift boxes, it's so satisfying, and this is one I make a lot.

I started by stamping the Linen (retired) background in Soft Sky on Soft Sky card. After scoring my box, I stamped images from Pocket Silhouettes in Soft Sky and Baja Breeze ink all around the edge of the box. I sponged the edges with Soft Sky, then stamped and embossed another image overtop. Make sure you do your sponging first to keep your white embossing nice and clean!

I've pierced all around the top edge of the box, and also distressed the cardstock a little using the tool from the Cutter Kit. I added the oval hardware over the sentiment, and some Antique Brass Jumbo Eyelets for tying the White Taffeta ribbon through. The holes for the ribbon go through all the layers for the box - but the eyelets are only set on the front layer so the box can be opened without tearing it.

Can you believe it's February already? Here's hoping you have a creative month!


Some supplies available from Stampin' Up! Email me for purchasing details.

It's time to Sale-A-Brate! Earn your free stamp set today!

3 comments:

  1. A 'few' stamp supplies huh? But what an awesome idea gotta make the most of days like that. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you have over-embossed the Pocket Silhouettes. What a lovely box. Umm Shanan doesn't appear to have much room on that table haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sarah - love this bag. The style is just stunning. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!