March 25, 2010

Hoppy Easter

Yippee - today has been a good craft day! I worked on next week's Project Tuesday offering this morning and I love the result - then made this card this afternoon.

I've had a chocolate frog sitting in my pantry for a week or so that I thought I'd slip into a card for my little brother. When I saw the Color Throwdown colours for this week it was meant to be! The combo is Certainly Celery, Garden Green and Baja Breeze. I haven't used Garden Green a lot - but it's a perfect frog colour!

The sketch for this one comes from Taylor. The watercolouring has a lot more depth in real life - but how cute is that wee frog? I really like this combo - Baja Breeze looks so different paired with two greens.

Here's a quick shot of the inside. I used an offcut of the embossed panel and repeated the scallops.
I took a quick shot of my "inspiration pile" before I started my morning project, lots of pearls, ribbon, lace....yummy! I can't wait to show you the finished product - it's very girly and so different from this card!


Paper & Card: Certainly Celery, Baja Breeze & Garden Green Card.
Urban Garden DP.
Ink: Garden Green, Baja Breeze, Certainly Celery
Punches: Large Corner Rounder, 1/2" Circle & Slit Punches
Other: Certainly Celery Ribbon, Brayer
E-mail me to purchase.


Stamps: Just So Hoppy - Gina K.
Other: Jumbo Brad, Spots & Dots Embossing Folder - Provocraft

8 comments:

  1. I love frogs - he's just adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! Love the colour combo ... and the embossed panel is a FAB idea! Great work, Sarah! I have a "play day" scheduled for today ... I hope it is as successful as yours! xxxAndreaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY cute! What a great froggie stamp, and paired with great papers! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just adorable! I haven't seen that little froggie around for a while, glad you brought him out of hiding! Thanks for using the CTD colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha ha!!! that's so cute!! congrats on top crops!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TOO Cute!!! Love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cute card! congrats on the Top Crops pick for the TESC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sarah!!! Thanks for sharing this wonderful sample with the my frog; it is still one of my favorite illustrations! hugs!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!