April 14, 2014

SugarSketch 2 - What's Mew?


This is my second card today, for my first, please click here.

Wooohoo, it's time for our second SugarSketch at SugarPea Designs and there is some BIG NEWS - a random participant will win a $15 gift certificate for playing along! You don't have to use SugarPea stamps, but of course we would love to see them if you do!

Here's a peek at the fab sketch...


I love this sketch! I flipped it, so I could use What's Mew? My card is also for the new Catered Crop Recipe Swap - Think Green. 


With Earth day and Arbor day inspiring the challenge, I added some beautiful botanical elements to my card!


I had so much fun making this card! I colored up the adorable image with Copics, trimmed it out and added it to a white layer for a fresh look. I diecut the branches, then individually cut out each leaf, adding copic shading to both. The sentiment is stamped on a vellum (naturally) heart. I embellished with some enamel hearts and a scallop border. 

Here's a peek inside my card...


We really hope you play along with this month's sketch! Please stop by the SugarPea Designs blog to see all the amazing cards from the design team. And don't forget the brand new release is in store NOW
  
Stamps: What's Mew? (SugarPea DesignsPaper: Twirly Girly (Chickaniddy Crafts) Ink: Rhubarb Stalk, Angel Pink (Memento Luxe) Dies: Branches and Birds (Sizzix) Scallops, Heart (MFT) Other: Enamel Hearts (Chickaniddy) Sewing Machine

7 comments:

  1. soooo lovely, Sarah. the branches add beautiful natural element to your card. darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! Amazing branches and I love the way you finished the outside. Beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally adorable Sarah. Love the branches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card Sarah!! Holy cow I love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I adore your creativity!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!