April 14, 2014

A Rose of Thanks...


Hello friends.I hope you had a lovely weekend. I spent a good portion of mine on my continuing stamp room rejig, I'm really hoping I can finish it all before Easter and get some good stampy/family time in! 

Some i {heart} papers goodies arrived on my doorstep today - I've been waiting on these so I could play in the second Virginia's View challenge - stencils. I had this one on order and had to play right away!


Look at all that detail! The stencil is the Tim Holtz Doily. I've used it with white embossing paste over top some Crate Paper DIY paper. The florals are from Coming up Roses by wplus9, cut with the matching dies (the focal image is fussy cut) the vase is cut from vellum. 

I used the Basic Banners die cut from Gold Foil cardstock, stamping a sentiment from Fresh Cut Florals. All the inks are Memento Luxe. I cannot say enough about these inks. They dry on any surface, and are just beautiful to use. I finished with these amazing gold enamel dots. They are so sparkly!

Here's a peek inside my card...


I used a distress marker and spritzing tool for a quick background. Thanks for stopping by today! There are some amazing things in stock at i {heart} papers right now, here's a look at what's new (say hi from me!)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, Sarah, this is absolutely rich and beautiful! I love the white embossing paste against such a rich text background! GREAT job on the stencil and stitching! You really put the new goodies into great use! Thanks so much for playing Virgina's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, this is a really lovely creation - it jumped right out at me from Virginia's gallery......LOVE your stencilling over the design paper - am going to "borrow" that idea soon. Your mix of so many elements and still making an elegant card is wonderful - I predict a winner with this!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!