June 11, 2011

OCC Inspiration Challenge

Yippee - it's the weekend! I have a quick post for you today - it's time for an inspiration challenge at OCC and Lori has given us this image to work with...

When using the inspiration photo we were to choose two elements that inspired our card - I choose to use all the polka dots and that gorgeous round ruffle pillow.

As you'll see, I ignored all other aspects of the photo and took the colours in a completely different direction...




I made a clean and simple card, focusing on my large created embellishment. I picked up some Glubers from Cosmo Cricket this week and used one to turn strips of ribbon into my focal point. The center of my embellishment is an antique brad topped with a small rhinestone.
Inside is just as clean and simple. The papers are from Emma's Shoppe by Crate Paper and both stamps are from the Well Worn Greetings set by MFT.


Head on over to OCC to see what the fabulous team has for you this week!

11 comments:

  1. Love the clean simple card, Sarah! Love the dramatic colors with all the polka-dots. The focal point is fabulous. I've never heard of glubers so I'll have to look into that! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is very cool, I like the ribbon flower you made and the colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, your card is so vibrant and pretty! I just love the rolled ribbon flower on the front! And you always do a fabulous job! I like the inside of the card, too! YOu think of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning and funnily enough I know what a gluber is now, I was reading another blog post about them last week or I would have wondered what you were talking about lol. Love the colours you chose, the spots and the flower you made just rock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally terrific fabric flower, Sarah - love the spunky funky feel of it! And I love anything polka dotted. Super take on this week's challenge.

    Have a great week.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally terrific fabric flower, Sarah - love the spunky funky feel of it! And I love anything polka dotted. Super take on this week's challenge.

    Have a great week.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fabulous card, Sarah! I really adore pretty much everything you get your hands on! This card is wonderfully bold, and I like your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful card, Sarah! Your rolled ribbon flower is simply fabulous - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colors are beautiful, using the punches for shoe strap is clever. I am loving the ribbon flowers! It is so very inspiring...thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I love the Riley card, I know it was not part of the challenge, but it's cute. I do like the paper selection with the shoe & matching card. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!