May 20, 2013

CAS 221 Strong Anchor


I'm happy to be playing along with this week's Clean and Simple challenge at Splitcoast Stampers as guest designer.

This week the challenge is a theme - that smells great!

I've used some new and old Verve to answer the theme with sea air - one of my favourite smells!

Strong Anchor is part of the FAB new Verve release. I used nestabilites to emboss my card, and stamped the rope circle inside the embossed circle. I added a cute little wheel above the sentiment. The anchor is from the Nautical Die Set, I punched a hole in the top and threaded through some twisted hemp twine.

I wanted some detail on my base card so I used the large background from Artful Elegance and heat embossed it in clear.

Here's the inside of my card...

I just love that gorgeous sentiment!

I hope you'll play along with the CAS challenge this week, I'd love to see your take on great smells!  

Stamps: Strong Anchor, Artful Elegance (Verve StampsPaper: Buckaroo Blue (SU) Ink: Versamagic, Buckaroo Blue, Cranberry Crisp (SU) Kraft (MFT)  Dies: A Cut Above Dies: Nautical Die Set (Verve Stamps) Circle Nesties (Spellbinders) Other: Hemp Twine, Embossing Powder, Corner Punch

3 comments:

  1. Nice card! Like the design and crisp, clean details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally fabulous! Love the hanging anchor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your non gender specific and beautifully created card, Sarah! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!