August 14, 2011

Simple Sunday #1


For awhile now I've wanted to make time to indulge my love of clean and simple cards. I love the "more is more" look - but simple can be so much fun to create too. I've been sick with a nasty cold for the last few days, so had a bit of time to come up with something!

I wanted to play along with the Embellish colour & colouring challenge and pulled out the Make a Spash PI, this is what I came up with...


The layout for this card comes from the joint FTL153 & CFC15. The colouring was heavily influenced by (but doesn't do justice to) Sherrie, her wonderful video includes shading in knees on these PI cuties! I used different skin colours, but tried to emulate some of her techniques (I need a lot more practice!) I added polka dots to the swimsuit with a white gel pen.

The papers are from the Country Drive pack by Echo Park. The button is from Jenni Bowlin. I've used the File Tab Die-namic for my sentiment and embossed the kraft base with the Moroccan Screen embossing folder from provocraft.


Inside I have added a Sunshine Die-namic and shadow stamped the girl in Old Paper distress ink. The sentiment is stamped in Wild Wasabi. I'm hoping to bring you "Simple Sunday" posts fairly regularly as time allows. Have a wonderful weekend!

 Thanks for stopping by!
 

11 comments:

  1. Your card is just lovely! I'm so sorry that you have been under the weather. Hope you are feeling better soon. This would make a really awesome challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is DARLING, Sarah!!! You do CAS perfectly! Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! love the texture in the the background. and the colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH that is so great! I just followed along in her tutorial last night too!!! I'm going to be taking a pic and uploading in a few hours. Your coloring is so fabulous....her tutorial was so great! Easy to follow along and I loved the results. Love the dp and embossing you used with her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah, I just joined your blog. I really love what you create. So pretty. I look forward to your updates~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah this is so fun! I love the embossing in the background! And your coloring is amazing! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ADORABLE!!!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. The embossing is beautiful, as is the coloring! Thanks for taking on the Coloring Color Trends Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, this just made me sigh in cuteness Sarah. The huge green button with candy striped twine makes me happy. So glad you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!