August 3, 2011

Wednesday Stamp Club 31


Wednesday means it's time for another awesome sketch and another chance to play along and win up to $20 in MFT vouchers! We're up to sketch 31 and this week I used one of my favourite MFT sets, Own Your Story, to create a monochromatic card.


All pretty simple. I stamped the text background and flourish from the stamp set on a Four Point Frame layer and added my sentiment overtop in a circle. I've cut the Double Scallop Ribbon Border from cork (hint: it might look as if the teeny cut outs haven't cut through the cork - they have, just gently tease them out with your fingernail or something sharp, they pop out easily and cleanly) and added a double taffeta bow.


Inside my card I stamped directly on my patterned paper and used a little more cork with the Open Bracket Border die-namic. Be sure to check out Kim's blog for all the designers playing along this week - you won't want to miss their gorgeous creations!

To play along with WSC, create a card with the provided sketch and upload it to SCS using the keyword MFTWSC31. A new sketch will be posted each Wednesday at midnight on the MFT blog and also in the forum. Each week one random winner will win a $15 voucher to spend at MFT, and if you use MFT stamps on your creation, you'll get a $5 bonus taking your voucher win up to $20! We'll be chatting each week on the sketch thread, so come join us in the MFT forum!  

Here are the Die-namics I've used today:

 Thanks for stopping by!
 
Stamps: Own Your Story (MFT Stamps) Cardstock: Vanilla, Kraft, True Thyme (SU) Paper: Old School (Pink Paislee) Ink: Mellow Moss, True Thyme, Kraft (SU) Dies: Four Point Frame, Open Bracket Border, Double Scallop Border Die-namics (MFT Stamps) Other: Taffeta Ribbon - Mellow Moss (SU) Cork (MFT Stamps)

11 comments:

  1. This is so fabulous, love the dp with the kraft, so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE all the MFT inspiration! I just got my first parcel of dies this week from them, think I will need to order more very soon - after seeing all of your gorgeous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so pretty! I love browsing here :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card, love the look. the cork does look good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I just LOVE your card(!) and the way you finished off the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Sarah! Love those colors!!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOODNESS! This is sooooo beautiful! LOVE LOVE LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card, love the colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OHHHHH! This is GORGEOUS! I love the colors and I love those stamps--but I LOVE LOVE LOVE that bow the most! Can you please please please teach me how you made it??? I never can get my bows to look like this!! LOOOOVE! sbmmhoover at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah, this is wicked! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bow, the cork, the colors...you are a rockstar!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!