October 4, 2011

Card for my Fungi!


Hey everyone! I'm here with my first Amber Ink creation for this month. I'll have five more to share over the coming weeks.

I am a sucker for a good pun stamp, and this one definitely fit the bill! I totally had to read it twice (something to do with how us kiwis pronounce fungi, not my super slow brain!) and when it clicked I laughed for a good few minutes.

I just knew Shan would get a kick out of this stamp so I HAD to make him a card with it. He'll often talk to me in "stamp" language - he'll say 'owl love you' - that kinda of thing. I'm happy to report he loved it as much as I thought he would!


Cute right? love that stamp! In fact, I had so much colouring it up one night I came very close to burning the lasagne (it was ok despite the extra 20 mins in the oven!)

I kept the design clean and simple. I've been looking for a reason to use that toadstool embossing folder! Shanan said this was one of his favourite cards ever, I sooooo didn't tell him the image was 50c! YUP... 50c! You can grab it here.

 Thanks for stopping by!
 
Stamps: I think you're a fungi (Amber Ink) Cardstock: Kraft (SU) Paper: Odds and Ends (Cosmo Cricket) Dies: Simply Scallops Die-namics (MFT Stamps)  Other: Corner Rounder Punches, Rhinestones, Toadstool Embossing Folder, Copic Markers

10 comments:

  1. What is $20 worth of lasagna when it comes to a .50 stamp and priceless amounts of talent and fun? Small price. I have to admit I thought Amber had lost her mind when she made this stamp - I'm like "that's cute dear" and it took someone else to explain it to me. Dim. Love your hint of toadstools and cheery coloring. I like Shanan ;) He sounds like a fungi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love it! I think this stamp is just too much fun! Your card is incredibly darling! Glad to hear I am not the only one who nearly ruins dinner for the love of coloring! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, Cute card! It made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO cute, Sarah! I love the embossed mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this card colors are great...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great card! Love it! So glad to be carrying the torch with you this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card!!
    Can't believe you had a mushroom embossing folder!
    Fellow torchbearer

    ReplyDelete
  8. your e.f. is so perfect with this and it's so darn cute, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I just snorted!!! hehe! This is the CUTEST and what a hysterical sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!