September 7, 2013

Love Grows Stronger


It's time for another fun challenge at Crazy for Challenges!

This week the challenge is to use pearls and flowers! I used a gorgeous Verve set, Stronger Love for my pretty take on the challenge. Here's my card...

I'm really into these peachy, pink tones lately. I've used the latest Viva la Verve sketch (stamp along for your chance at a $100 gift certificate!!) for my layout...


I sponged the circle with shadow inks, spritzed the Flutterby die cut with some pearl glimmermist, and coloured the flowers with some ink picked up with a waterbrush. The pleated paper panel was stiched down both sides to keep it all together - I really love this look! You also see some of my fave Pennant Trim die peeking out.

Here's the inside of my card...

Super simple, just a beautiful sentiment stamped in (gloopy - grrr) pigment ink. I think the cardstock is reading black on my monitor, and maybe yours too, but is actually dark grey to pair a little softer with the peachy tones.

Before I forget - it's Autumn Sale time at Verve!

Now it's time to go see all the fab inspiration from the design team, happy hopping!
Stamps: Stronger Love (Verve StampsPaper: Hello Again (Carta Bella) Ink: Garden Shadow Inks (Hero Arts) Dies: A Cut Above Dies: Flutterby Die, Pennant Trim (Verve Stamps) Other: Sewing Machine, Hemp Twine, Glimmermist, Pearls, Whimsy Embossing Folder (Lifestyle Crafts)

6 comments:

  1. Pretty card, love the pearls on the butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this scrolling through my reader and had to come say how gorgeous it was! I love the colors and the sponging and the butterfly and the wonderful banner die! SO pretty!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is sooo pretty. TFS.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous use of the sketch and such lovely and lush colors

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a charming card with so many delightful embellishments!! Love your pleated panel and the Flutterby! So sweet and fun!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!