September 9, 2013

Warm Thoughts


Hello creative friends! It's time for another Clean and Simple Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers. This week the challenge is tool time - use an edge punch (no dies!). I wanted to play along with the Paper Smooches designer drafts challenge, this is such a classic sketch!

Here's my card...


I stamped the jar on vellum, trimmed around it and adhered it over the flowers using a zig zag stitch. One of the things I love most about clear stamps is being able to manipulate them a little, here I've bent the flower stems to create a little scene.

After stamping the flowers I used ink and a waterbrush to paint directly onto the image for a little colour variation - I love how this looks!

I cut multiple borders with the Effervescent punch and overlapped them so the smaller holes were peeking through the larger.

I shopped at i {heart} papers for my supplies today! The stamps are Paper Smooches - Crystal Clear and Sentiment Sampler, the paper is The Pier - Crate Paper, and I've also used the Garden inks from Hero Arts and some sequins. You'll find many more goodies in store, head on over, take a peek at what's new and say hi from me!

Here's a peek at the inside of my card...


Sympathy cards are never easy to make, but I hope this one will bring comfort.

Stamps: Sentiment Sampler, Crystal Clear (Paper Smooches) Paper: The Pier (Crate Paper) Ink: Toffee Crush (Memento) Garden Shadow Inks (Hero Arts)  Other: Effervescent Border Punch (Fiskars) Sequins, Waterbrush

5 comments:

  1. adorable, Sarah! love the curved stem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a beautiful design - love the way you attached the vellum with the zigzag stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such neat accents on your first card!!!! LOVE the flower centers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the entire card, every single bit of it! Thanks for playing PSS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! I LOVE how you stitched that jar on- love the soft colors of the flowers-- and I LOVE how you decorated the inside too! FAB take on this sketch:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS team!!! Hope you play along with us again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!