September 1, 2013

Gentle and Loving Father


Happy Sunday, and Happy Father's Day to all the down under Dads! We've been having a fun day, with all of Shanan's fave foods, gifts and lots of play time with our little man.

When I need a heartfelt card, I always reach for my Verve. I knew Strong Anchor would be perfect for Shan's card.

I wanted to keep this card a little clean and simple, with the focus on the beautiful sentiment. I stamped the frame in kraft. I also stamped the borders in kraft on kraft cardstock and zigzagged over the edges. I tied the anchor from the Nautical Die set onto the main layer with some twine.

On the inside of the card I stamped the wheels and over stamped the sentiment.

I'm so excited for September - it's finally Spring and my birthday is in a couple of days - yippee!

Stamps: Strong Anchor (Verve StampsPaper: Down on the Shore (Fancy Pants) Ink: Kraft, Hot Fudge (MFT) Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger) Dies: A Cut Above Dies: Nautical Die Set (Verve Stamps) Pierced Circles (MFT) Other: Twine, Sewing Machine

2 comments:

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!