September 5, 2013

Countdown to Confetti - Count Your Rainbows


Welcome! I am SO excited that it's finally time to show off the upcoming release from Reverse Confetti!

As the July SFYTT winner, I get to join in with the amazing Confetti Crew for the month - yay! Today the team are showing peeks from Count Your Rainbows, part of the key words collection.


I got all mixed media for my card today. It started with some simple heat embossing up in the top left corner, and just rolled on from there! I tore spirals to create my rolled flowers, added lots of gesso to my papers and edges, a little sparkle with some glitter glue and in the upper right I used a stencil to add a little more texture with gesso.


I hadn't heard this quote before and it spoke to me right away! The yellow accents bring a little sun to the card, in honor of the sentiment. For this panel, I used a thin layer of gesso on card stock, leaving just a little texture, smooth enough to stamp on, but still funky. The butterfly charm was sponged with picket fence distress paint.

Here's the inside of my card...


I used gesso on the patterned paper rather than adding a white layer to write on. It's the season of counting blessings - and getting to peek these new goodies is definitely a blessing of mine!

Head on over to the Reverse Confetti Blog to see the full list of designers with amazing creations to share today! Leave a comment here first, and on all the blogs to be in to win a $15 gift certificate!!


Stamps: Count Your Rainbows (Reverse ConfettiPaper: Walnut Grove (Pebbles) Ink: Kraft (MFT) Brilliance Black  Dies: Fishtail Flags (MFT) Other: Gesso, Stencil, Twine, Button, Sequins, Diamond Stickles, White Embossing Powder, Butterfly Charm, Picket Fence Distress Paint

19 comments:

  1. look at you.....rockin' a bit of mixed media. love the touches of paint and the scrappy feel of this. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card Sarah , love all the different textures

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Love all the textures and sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Sarah, the shabby feel is so warm and lovely:) So happy to have you with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! Each time I look at it, I find something new to love! Thanks for joining us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving the paint/gesso/embossing together, lot of great textures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!!! Love them both :) So much texture and dimension...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards...love the rolled flowers on the first.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is just great. Love your use of gesso on all the layers...so much to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful projects. Love the tattered roses. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card! Love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card!! I love all the details on it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the sentiments in this set.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!