September 7, 2011

Hop and Shop September!


Welcome to the September MFT Shop and Hop! You should have arrived here via the amazing Julie, if you need to start at the beginning you can jump over to Kim's blog. Good news....
All those gorgeous products you've been drooling over are available here right now!

I have two cards to show you today, one kinda clean and simple and one distressed and spooky!


My first card uses First Class Friend. I love how versatile this set is. Here I've gone a little clean and simple. The paper is from MME - Lost & Found Rosy. I zig-zag stitched the two parts of the focal die together and used the dainty dots border and fancy flourish as accents.


Inside is nice and simple too with lots of room for a personalised message.


My second card uses the cute and not too scary PI Little Witch.


All the papers on this one were from my scrap box. The main background is Basic Grey and her dress is Cosmo Cricket. I inked my purple Woodgrain Fence with Walnut Stain distress ink as in this video. I've also used the new Branches with Leaves Die-namic to create some spooky foliage in the background.

I coloured and paper pieced my image before coating it with crackle paint and rubbing over distress inks. Here's a close up of the crackling...


I did find that the peiced dress curled a little while the paint dried, but it stuck back down easily enough with some Tombow adhesive.


I wanted to try something a little different with the inside of this one. I direct-to-paper inked some vanilla cardstock with Old Paper and Walnut Stain distress inks, spritzed with water and let dry before crumpling a little. I smoothed out the paper with my bone folder. The PI image was stamped three times before the paper was all the way dry for a slightly less crisp look. I combined two of the sentiments in the set on a first class award ribbon banner.

It's time for you to go visit the FABULOUS Inge - I know she's going to have something amazing for you!

 Thanks for stopping by!
 

24 comments:

  1. GASP! The PI Witch card is AWESOME!!!!! The first card is so beautiful! Gorgeous work, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stitching on your first card! And your little crackled witch is AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, Sarah! Love the first one and your little witch is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG how AWESOME are these!!! LOVE both but that witch card...OUT of this world Sarah!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the crackle over her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shut the front door Sarah!!! These are gorgeous!!! The detail on each one is phenomenal!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, fantastic cards!! Love the crackle paint!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the crackle effect on your witch card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the inside of the witch card is too cute, the first card is fab

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Love the crackle technique, it's one of my favs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The witch is adorable, but I have to admit that I really love the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and adorable, love them both.....so cool how you created some texture on the second one....oh and I love your little trick with the fence and it's purple paper!!!! You are a mad genious. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, great cards! I love the look of the witch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Man....I have 2 jars of the crackle paint just sitting on my shelf....how inspiring! Love the first card too...so stunning set off the kraft card stock!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!! LOVE the crackle finished witch!!!!!!!! the inside is so awesome too....want to try that! You are always so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will so be getting out my crackle paint now!!! The effect is awesome. I also LOVE your first card...so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! I totally love that little crackled witch!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both cards deserve a big ol round of applause!!! GREAT JOB!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous! Love the stunning black! Love the crackle too! TFS CallyAnn(new follower)
    http://callyanncraftycreations.blogspot.com
    come on over:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is one drop dead gorgeous post....love your witchy card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is UNBELIEVABLE Sarah!! So did you use Crackle Paint? or Crackle Glaze over the PI Witch? This is such a cool effect!! LOVE IT! And your first hop card is simply divine, funky and elegant all at the same time! GORGEOUS!

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gosh! These are both fabulous! (Love that crackle!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMword, these are both AWESOME! The crackle is AWESOME! Love that little heart button the first one, too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!