September 8, 2011

WSC #36 - Spa Day


It's time for another awesome sketch from the MFT team! Today I'm using one of the just released Pure Innocence sets - Spa Day.


I wanted to go soft and pretty with this one so tried to keep my copic colouring light. Colouring is still something I want to improve on, I was pretty happy with how this cutie came out. After colouring her up, I masked the image and overstamped the layer with the script stamp from First Class Friend - I love this look!

I also tried my hand at stitching around the oval. Want to know a secret? Those rolled roses don't just look pretty, they also hide the spots that my stitching went a little wild! Fake it till you make it baby! I use my full size sewing machine for sewing on my cards so it can be a little powerful at times, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.


Because I had the mask already cut, I used it on the inside of the card too, adding a little more script under my sentiment.
Be sure to check out Kim's blog for all the designers playing along this week - you won't want to miss their gorgeous creations!

To play along with WSC, create a card with the provided sketch and upload it to SCS using the keyword MFTWSC36. A new sketch will be posted each Wednesday on the MFT blog and also in the forum. Each week one random winner will win a $15 voucher to spend at MFT, and if you use MFT stamps on your creation, you'll get a $5 bonus taking your voucher win up to $20! We'll be chatting each week on the sketch thread, so come join us in the MFT forum!  

Here are the Die-namics I've used today:


 Thanks for stopping by!
 
Stamps:PI - Spa Day (MFT Stamps) Cardstock: Kraft, Vanilla, Blushing Bride (SU) Paper: Dwell (MME) Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento) Pumice Stone, Tattered Rose Distress Ink (Ranger) Dies: First Class Award Ribbon, Mini Rolled Rose Die-namics (MFT Stamps) Oval Nestabilities (Spellbinders) Other: Pearls, Stick Pin, Sewing Machine, Copic Markers

13 comments:

  1. awesome, your cards are just wonderful the roses are so well done. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooo beautiful! Love it. (it's my favorite of all the sketch samples *GRIN*) Your roses are divine and apparently serving 2 purposes HA! Does your sewing machine have a mind of it's own??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!! So soft and pretty with all those rolled flowers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO soft and pretty Sarah!! I LOVE the stitching. I use my full size machine and have to be very delicate on the pedal sometimes as it does get away from me! LOL! I love the masked text look...sooooooo fun!!

    XO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is ADORABLE! I lvoe the soft colors! And the flowers! And the stitching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, this is GORGEOUS! Love how you coloured her so softly! I have a hard time doing that! Such pretty colours and papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PRETTTYYYY!!!! All my fav elements/colours on one card!! Lovely job Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very sweet - now time to find time to play along again!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling! She looks so cozy! The papers and colors are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, LOVE this card. The colours are so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the soft colors! Sewing oops are just another excuse to embellish. :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!