September 15, 2011

WSC # 37 - You're My Hero


Can you believe it's time for the 37th sketch of the year from MFT? As I get older, I swear every year seems to go by faster than the one before it!

We have a great sketch for you this week, I went very clean and simple with my card and I adore the results. A good sketch is a wonderful thing!


This is à la modes - Blue Without You. She pairs perfectly with the new Dog Tag Die-namic (who can resist this one? it's only $3.50!) I coloured her with Copics and paper pieced the star and her hand. I added the dog tag element with eyelets and a cool pin I rescued from a tag on a jacket Shan bought, love little found trinkets like that!

The sketch calls for two background pieces behind the layers but I simplified by just embossing a portion of my card to keep with the clean and simple look.


Inside my card I repeated the same layout. This card is going to Shanan who really is my hero every day (you can awwww or roll your eyes now!)


Be sure to check out Kim's blog for all the designers playing along this week - you won't want to miss their gorgeous creations!

To play along with WSC, create a card with the provided sketch and upload it to SCS using the keyword MFTWSC37. A new sketch will be posted each Wednesday on the MFT blog and also in the forum. Each week one random winner will win a $15 voucher to spend at MFT, and if you use MFT stamps on your creation, you'll get a $5 bonus taking your voucher win up to $20! We'll be chatting each week on the sketch thread, so come join us in the MFT forum!  

 Thanks for stopping by!
 
Stamps: à la modes - Blue Without You (MFT Stamps) Cardstock: Kraft, White, Going Gray (SU) Paper: Everyday Flair (MME) Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento) Scattered Straw, Pumice Stone Distress Ink (Ranger) Dies: Dog Tag Die-namics (MFT Stamps) Other: Stars Embossing Folder, Eyelets, Safety Pin, Copic Markers

11 comments:

  1. Sarah, love the eyelet action on the dog tag! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the clean lines and the kraft paired with the light patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *SWOON* LOVE this! ...the embossed background...fabulous...the coloring...divine...the DP...GORGEOUS...LOVE how you did the tag...ahhhhh! You....AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah I know I don't tell you nearly enough - your cards are just amazing! You have a gift. I love what you did with this sketch and the dog tag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love how you used the dog tag on this card Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the clean look of this card and the eyelets are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah honey this is STUNNING!!! My jaw dropped yesterday when I saw it come through the MFT blog into my email!! You amaze me with each and every creation my friend!! BEAUTIFUL!!!

    Hope you're having a wonderful week!!

    Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah, I love how you made a CAS card! The embossed bottom is a brilliant idea! Fabulous colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your CAS take on this week's sketch, Sarah. I hope you don't mind that i used you as my inspiration this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. BRILLIANT!! The tag idea is simply amazing! Great job girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!