Now that we've teased and tempted you all week long, it's almost time for you to grab all of your favorite Brand Spankin' New products from MFT.
Our Design Team has been busy creating jaw-dropping and inspiring projects for you, and we've saved the best for last.
Here is an in-depth look at this month's Die-namics, with an opportunity to revisit the amazing sets being released tonight at 10pm EST RIGHT HERE.
And while we are at it, how about we make your life even easier with a "cheat sheet" of all that's new? Head over to the MFT Blog to print out a shopping list.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Can I just say I love my card for today? This month's Die-namics are some of the best yet and they all work together wonderfully! I've used Homespun Birdhouse and a bunch of new dies to create my card. Settle in for a long post, I have a photo tutorial focusing on how I used the new dies.
Eek! Isn't that birdhouse cute?! I'd ask you to count the number of dies I've used, but I'd have to take my socks off to check your work! As soon as I saw the birdhouse I had visions of it strung with a mini banner, I was so happy it turned out as cute as I thought it would.
The paper on this card is Honeycake by MME. Before I show you all the details, here's the inside....
Yup, lots of die-namics here too! I've used the Scallop Ribbon Border and cut it in half to border my paper. The First Class Award Ribbon was perfect for my sentiment and a Hearts a Plenty finishes it off. Ok, so piece by piece I'll tell you what dies I've used and any special tricks I've used with the dies.
I've used the flat bottomed clouds to create a minimilistic idea of a sky behind my birdhouse. I cut out windows with the die, then layered white card behind before embossing the whole piece. I love how the embossing brings the whole thing together.
For the new Branches with Leaves Die-namic, I stamped the branch multiple times with an image from the Birdhouse set. It's a woodgrain pole you can stamp for the birdhouse to sit on, but it works great to add some texture to this die-cut. I told you they all work well together! I've used the embossed leaves from the die along with some plain leaves from the Sheltering Tree Die-namic.
For the birdhouse I combined a lot of elements. I started by cutting the main pieces, then cutting out layers for those pieces (you can see a video on how I do this here) I wanted a window for my bird to sit in, and here's the neat trick to get a nice layer for your hearts....the small heart in Hearts a Plenty layers PERFECTLY with the heart in Homespun Birdhouse! Love that! So I cut a smaller window in some Sno Cone cardstock and layered it behind the birdhouse for added contrast.
The Banner Strip die was cut, then a created a pleat in the center so it would curve a little and drop nicely from the eaves of the birdhouse. The rhinestone mostly hides the pleat.
I cut my Fresh Cut Grass in two shades of green and layered it both on top of and behind the fence, cutting one of the strips apart to create "clumps" of grass. Because the bottom of the Woodgrain fence is open, you can weave a strip of grass through it for a more 3D effect.
Lastly, I used the Mini Pennant Die-namic to create a little home sign, using one of the small stamps from the set. Again I've stamped the pole with the woodgrain stamp from Homespun Birdhouse for a little added detail.
Here are the details about the upcoming release on September 6 at 10 PM EST:
- The MFT release is on September 6 at 10 PM EST. You can attend the release party from 8-10 PM EST here in the forum for fun, games, and prizes! All the new sets and dies will be available September 6 at 10 PM EST.
- Be sure to check in on the guest designer contest to see who is crowned the winner. The announcement is made in the release party thread, AND on the guest designer contest thread in the MFT forum on SCS. The winner will receive over $100 in stamp sets and play along with the design team next month.
- If you'd like to see all the teasers for today, please click on over to Kim's blog NOW!
- We're offering you the chance at Teaser Time prizes every day during our new release preparations! Each day, two prize vouchers are held by members of our Design Team. Starting this month, you'll have all week to comment on each of the posts - all the winners will be posted on Tuesday, September 6th around 7:30pm. Be sure to check the MFT Blog to see if perhaps YOU were one of our lucky FOURTEEN winners! Remember to leave a method of contact in your comments, because if you're selected as a prize winner, but we can't reach you, then we can't get you your prize!
Here's the loooooong list of Die-namics I've used today:
Thanks for stopping by!