September 22, 2011

WSC #38 Morning Glory


Are you ready for another wonderful sketch for Wednesday Stamp Club?! I really enjoyed this one and hope you will too.

I flipped the focal panel so I could use the new Pure Innocence - Morning Glory, she was a lot of fun to colour and paper piece!


Not too much to explain here! I paper pieced the dress, who can resist red gingham? I wanted a bold sentiment to match the bold colours, Say What was just perfect! I added the small heart from the Notched Tag die-namics set.


I don't think it shows in the photo, but my new favourite trick is going over those cute little shoes with a glaze pen to give them a patent leather shine - too cute!


Inside the card I shadow stamped the image and added another Say What sentiment. I had the red butterfly left over from the notched tag set so stuck that on for a pop of solid colour.


Be sure to check out Kim's blog for all the designers playing along this week - you won't want to miss their gorgeous creations!

To play along with WSC, create a card with the provided sketch and upload it to SCS using the keyword MFTWSC38. A new sketch will be posted each Wednesday on the MFT blog and also in the forum. Each week one random winner will win a $15 voucher to spend at MFT, and if you use MFT stamps on your creation, you'll get a $5 bonus taking your voucher win up to $20! We'll be chatting each week on the sketch thread, so come join us in the MFT forum!  

Here are the Die-namics I've used today:

 Thanks for stopping by!
 
Stamps: PI - Morning Glory, Say What (MFT Stamps) Cardstock: Real Red, Black, White (SU) Paper: Country Drive (Echo Park) Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento) Antique Linen Distress (Ranger) Dies: Notched Tag, Say What, Open Scallop Doily Die-namics (MFT Stamps) Other: Gingham Ribbon (MFT Stamps) Copic Markers

7 comments:

  1. Sarah, this card is so adorable! I love these images--they remind me of myself when I was little, lol!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Merilee
    merileelane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I always enjoy looking at your blog. I love the papers you used on this card (not to mention the PI stamp!). I'm horrible at picking papers that go together so well! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super, super cuteness! Love her paper pieced dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great layout! Thanks for sharing inspiration!

    -Katy
    www.hooklineandinker.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. such an adorable and beautiful card. The gingham is perfect. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!