September 13, 2011

MFT Creative Challenge - No Colouring!


In 2011, MFT is working harder than ever to inspire you, and we have come up with something we think you'll really enjoy. Our Design Team Creative Challenge is a new monthly feature, where we challenge our design team to explore their creative side using a specific theme, product or technique. This month, we're all putting down the markers, pencils and paints and sharing projects with No Coloring!  

I'm so glad you stopped by for today's creative challenge - not colouring is a big change for me, and I'm sure for the rest of the team, but it's so fun to try something new! I choose to use a Pure Innocence image with lots of details that would keep my focal point interesting even without colour.


I started by embossing the cute Astronaut Girl with black embossing powder on kraft cardstock. I added some dimensional magic inside her helmet to give it a glossy look - the embossing really helped keep this exactly where I wanted it.

To add the little mini pennant shape I carefully cut a couple of slits around her hand with a craft blade and slid the die cut through it so it looks like it's being held in her hand.


Inside the card I've shadow stamped the image upside down, like she's floating around in space. Visit Kim's Blog for a full list of designers that have taken up the no colouring challenge today! 

Here are the Die-namics I've used today:

 Thanks for stopping by!
 
Stamps: PI - Astronaut Girl (MFT Stamps) Cardstock: Vanilla, Kraft, Poppy Parade, More Mustard, Early Espresso (SU) Paper: All Spice (MME) Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento) Poppy Parade (SU) Dies: Decorative Doily, Simply Scallops Medium, First Class Award Ribbon Die-namics (MFT Stamps) Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders) Other: Seeing Spots Embossing Folder, Dimensional Magic, Black Embossing Powder, Sewing Machine

16 comments:

  1. You are genius adding the gloss! Perfect for the challenge and such a fun touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, great minds think alike! But I never thought of the helmut idea, you are so smart!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute, cute, cUTE!!! looove it all, especially the floating cutie on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Over the top CUTE, Sarah! Love the helmet on the front and the floater on the inside! Totally creative, chickie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the glossy helmet Sarah! It's a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How CUTE is this!!! LOVE her glossy helmet and how you stamped her inside is DARLING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab helmet idea! Love that the space cadet is upside down inside. Popping over from Jody's CRA blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are brilliant! I love the helmet...makes the image look finished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great card, love the idea of adding slits for her to hold the penant

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah, this is AWESOME! I love how the helmet stands out when the rest of it isn't colored!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally adorable! I love the gloss, but I REALLY love that upside down head on the inside!! SO clever and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! Love the gloss on the helmut, the little 'stake' that I think she is going to use to make claim on a far off planet;). and the inside is so cute with the little zero gravity effect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is SOOOOOOOOOO cute! LOVE how you stamped on kraft and used glossy accents for the helmet;) FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the glossy helmet, and EEEEKS!!! The INSIDE IS SO CUTE!!! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!