September 3, 2011

A Little Love Letter


Happy Saturday! Today is doubly happy for me, it's my birthday! So not only do I get to share a fantastic new MFT set with you, I get to spend the day celebrating with my gorgeous husband - bliss!

Today I'm sharing a card made with First Class Friend, the latest in our large stamp and die-namics combo range. I'm always excited for these sets, the mix of sentiments and images gives you unlimited options.


I started with some MME paper - Breeze from Lost & Found Two. The collage look of this paper was perfect to start building my focal layer. I stamped the main sentiment and filled in the open font with stickles. It's a small space - but if you're careful it looks great. I use a small rubber brush to apply stickles, it makes it super easy to get them exactly where you want them.

I stamped small elements from the set in various distress inks, overlapping them randomly. The frame was cut then stamped with the large script stamp from the set - I love this stamp and you'll see more of it from me this month!


Inside I continued stamping small elements over top one another and also used the cute envelope die-cut after sponging it with distress ink. Have a wonderful day, I'll see you tomorrow with one of my favourite sets from this release!

Here are the details about the upcoming release on September 6 at 10 PM EST:
  • The MFT release is on September 6 at 10 PM EST. You can attend the release party from 8-10 PM EST here in the forum for fun, games, and prizes! All the new sets and dies will be available September 6 at 10 PM EST.
  • The guest designer contest is ON! Check out the forum for details on how YOU can win over $100 in stamp sets and play along with the DT for a month.
  • If you'd like to see all the teasers for today, please click on over to Kim's blog NOW!
  • We're offering you the chance at Teaser Time prizes every day during our new release preparations!  Each day, two prize vouchers are held by members of our Design Team.  Starting this month, you'll have all week to comment on each of the posts - all the winners will be posted on Tuesday, September 6th around 7:30pm.  Be sure to check the MFT Blog to see if perhaps YOU were one of our lucky FOURTEEN winners! Remember to leave a method of contact in your comments, because if you're selected as a prize winner, but we can't reach you, then we can't get you your prize!
Here are the Die-namics I've used today:

 Thanks for stopping by!
 
Stamps: First Class Friend (MFT Stamps) Cardstock: Kraft, Early Espresso (SU) Paper: Breeze (MME) Ink: Old Paper, Antique Linen, Tea Dye Distress Inks (Ranger) Dies: First Class Friend, Solid Bracket Border Die-namics (MFT Stamps) Other: Satin Ribbon (SU) Twine (MFT Stamps) Button, Tiara Glitz Stickles, Crochet Lace

47 comments:

  1. beautiful card, love the long look and the mini envelope

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Sarah!! Wishing you a beautiful day & a wonderful time with your husband. Your card is Gorgeous!! Love the My Mind's Eye papers & the beautiful arrangement of the stamped images. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the little envelope! This is a cute set!! Happy Birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I hope it is super special and full of many blessings!

    Your card is F A B U L O U S!!!
    Love what you did in the frame and on the inside. That little envelope is sooooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful - this card is amazing. It's so cool to see the unusual shape and the colors - they just pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Sarah! Hope you have a fun day celebrating. Gorgeous card...love the vintage style and the stamp layering.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sarah!! Hope you have an amazing day!! Absolutely ADORE your card! Have just spent about 5 minutes just staring at it, lol! I am seriously sold on this new stamp set! TFS! Stunning work! Hugs, Sem x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card - I love the colour palette and tall design ;)
    Hope you have a great birthday, Rx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, that little envelope is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. mmmmm! this is amazing! Happy Birthday to you my sweet, talented friend! enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday girl! Hope your day is amazing, like you!!!

    Your card is wonderful! Gorgeous colour choices and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! I adore what you have done with this set. I have to have it now. Fantastic card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sarah, this is so so beautiful!! Amazing work! Happy birthday to you! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this set! You can do so many cool things with it as you've proved with your amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Unbelievable Sarah!!! SOOOOOOOO scrumptious!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wishing you a very happy birthday, Sarah. Amazing stuff! I love these new stamps and dies. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards. Love the versatility of this large set.

    ReplyDelete
  19. First of all....Happy Birthday!! Second....this card is so GLAMOUROUS!! I love the vintage feel to this card! BEAUTIFUL paper and layout...GREAT job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the blue and brown combo - that bit of bling makes the card! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Birthday wishes! This new postal set is so perfect for so many occasions! And your card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Sarah! LOVE the sparkly letters on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning card Sarah, I love everything about it! Happy birthday to you, I hope you have a wonderful day with your DH!

    Hugs, Candi

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW...this is gorgeous!! This set has so many possibilities! That tiny envy is just the cutest detail!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, Sarah, this card ROCKS!! I love all of it and the colors go so great together! Hope your birthday is the BEST!
    Hugz,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Birthday. Love your card especially the sparkly letters.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Birthday... hope you have a great day! I just love your creations and looking forward to the new release.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What an amazing creation, Sarah! The colors are so beautiful and elegant! Hope that your birthday was simply wonderful! :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very nice color combo and really like the stamp/die cut set

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the glittery letters and that mini envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  31. DUDE! OMG...this is OUT of this flipping WORLD! Holy moly Sarah! AMAZING card!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. LOVE this card!!! Sweet envelope too.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What an elegant card - I LOVE that bow -it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love this card! The mini envelope is so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What sweet shabby chic talent! And happy Birthday for yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great card Sarah!! Hope you have had a veru fun birthday day!! Happy Birthday :) The card is special to me as I just had a scare with my hubby - thankful he is ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. what a gorgeous & super cool card- love all the overlapping images!! hope you had a fabulous Birthday- my daughter's birthday is the same day as yours! we were away or i would've sent best wishes sooner!! {{BIG HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  38. You have convinced me to try to collage with my stamps. This will be a great set to try this technique. Beautiful card.
    kimsparks636@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Awesome! I love the brown and blue combo.

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is just SO gorgeous! I love the colors, layout, everything...love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!