June 29, 2013

Clean and Simple Verve


Hi peeps! I've been playing along with the challenges at SCS to find the next clean and simple design team. I think CAS can sometimes be more difficult to get right than lots of layers and it's something I love to practice, so I'm hoping to make the team!

I have a couple of Verve cards to share, both CAS.


This first card uses Brighter Days and is probably just on the cusp of not being CAS anymore! The challenge was to use woodgrain, both my lower and background layer are woodgrain. I've used a mix of nestabilities and MFT dies and kept the colours very soft and pretty. The Tim Holtz embossing folder is to invoke the sunshine from the sentiment.

Here's my second card:


This challenge was to use the colours of a lobster bake - red, aqua, yellow and white. I thought the sentiment from Big Wish was perfect! The banner dies are from MFT and I strung them with eyelets and white twine. The papers are all little scraps from my scrap basket. To get the twine to curl, I just rubbed on a little liquid glue.

Thanks for stopping by - there's something special happening at the start of the week so I'll see you here for that (here's a little clue!)

I also have TWO new design team reveals coming up - it's getting fun in my craft room! *hugs*
  

1 comment:

  1. These are both great, love the pop of blue on the first on with the bling.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!