June 5, 2013

Diva Inspirations Hop - First Birthday!


Welcome to our Diva Inspirations Hop! It's the 5th of the month and that means it's time for the Verve Inspirations Team to breathe new life into some much-loved stamps and dies. And there's a PRIZE up for grabs, so be sure to leave a little shout out in the comment section of each blog as you hop about to be entered in a drawing for a $30 gift certificate to Verve Stamps! Check out all the details and prize info over at the Verve Blog.

Today I'm sharing the card I made for our gorgeous little boy, who is turning one on the 10th. I had SO much fun making a special card for him.

I knew I wanted to use the amazing To The Moon set. I stamped the main sentiment, omitting the I as the card is from his Dada too.



I wanted some little critters to match the paper from Echo Park. I stamped the giraffe, and paper pieced each of his spots. The owl is a punch from SU!

The notebook panel uses the Rounded Rectangle Die and Notebook Paper plain jane. I finished the card with a Pennant Trim Banner.


Inside the card I used a sentiment from Making a Statement. I added a pocket so Shanan and I can pop in a couple of letters for Jackson to read when he's older.

Thanks for dropping by, it's time to go visit with the lovely Sony now!

1. Julee7. Sankari
2. Amy8. Sarah
3. Anya9. Sony
4. Betty10. Susan
5. Jessica11. Tiffany
6. Karen 

Stamps: To The Moon, Notebook Paper PJ, Making a Statement (Verve StampsPaper: Bundle of Joy Boy (Echo Park) Pear Pizzazz, Daffodil Delight, Soft Sky, Crumb Cake (SU) Ink: Choc Chip, Crumb Cake (SU) Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger) Dies: A Cut Above Dies: Pennant Trim, Rounded Rectangle (Verve Stamps) Circle Nesties, Oval Nesties (Spellbinders) 3x4 Pocket, By the Numbers (mft) Other: Stars Embossing Folder, Paper Clip, Owl Punch (SU)

41 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea for a first birthday - I love the patterned papers! This is a card (with the letters included) that he will treasure for a lifetime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an Outstanding job on this card, love the colors too! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable! Loved the embossing and the sentiment!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza, it's STUNNING! What an adorable giraffe! Great papers, so many details, very unique...love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh this card is so darn cute! I especially love the letter pocket idea. Cute. Cute. Cute! TFS.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great 1st birthday card. Love all the details, especially how you made the animals to match the paper. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. Love the embossing and the great papers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally adorable card!! Just love that raffie :) An early happy birthday wish to your one year old!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too stinkin cute! Love that paper and embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice! This is darling! I, too, wrote letters to my daughter for several years on her birthday. I have them printed out and in a keepsake box for her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect card for a first birthday! Love the colors and the Love you to the moon and back sentiment is one of my favs. TFS God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! Love the idea of a pocket for letters! Love the embossing folder-who makes it? I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely LOVE your card! Perfect for a first birthday. I especially like that you completely finished the inside panel, too. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is amazing! The papers, textures, and images compliment one another to create layers and layers of goodness! This is just right for such a special birthday as the first one. Wishing you lots of great "cake adventures" at this wonderful celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute, love the letter idea, might have to think about that for my little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an adorable card. Wow I love all these cute papers and the owl & giraffe. The polka dot pennant trim is perfect here. Such a great idea to add a pocket and some letters on the inside. I love everything about this card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful card you made, I just love it, it is super cute. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute--love all the critters and the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the embossed background, the pieced giraffe, the layers, the papers, the bunting. It's all so darling.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute card.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable card! I love the embossed background and the owl and giraffe are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. ADORABLE!! I so love this set. I think it's one of the first Verve sets I got. Perfect boy card with the colors and the animals and of course the pennant trim.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love, love, love your card...the colours, images and cute design is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great design and what a great card that I'm sure your son will treasure as he grows older.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great card for your little one. Love the pocket for letters on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adorable critters! Love the embossing and those papers are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Totally adorable. I love the idea of including letters to your son.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I second (in triplicate!) all the applause and accolades for your card. Darling, charming, delightful and gorgeous,+++
    c

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great Birthday card for a little guy!Love that you made a place for notes to be read later.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so sweet! I love the the layers and the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  31. this is such a great colour combination and the animals are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is one of my favorite sayings! Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sarah, this is fabulous! Love the bold beautiful colors and textures! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sarah, what a DARLING card!
    I love the colors & design.

    ReplyDelete
  35. coś wspaniałego, praca bardzo mi się podoba..

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the animals! Sweet idea of having a place to enclose letters to him.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Super cute birthday card and love the details!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!