June 5, 2013

MFT Teasers - Blissful Butterflies


Welcome! It's that time again - MFT teaser week is starting!


Today I have two cards to share, using the new Blissful Butterflies stamps and Die-namics. 
Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for all the information on this month's release, prizes and for designer links!


I wanted to pair my butterflies with some rainbows - I went for a tradtional look with one card, and more of a deconstructed rainbow on the other.

I started my deconstructed rainbow card by stenciling with the Graduated Hexagons stencil. I over stamped the text from Art Expression Text. I anchored the text by masking off with a torn piece of paper and sponging on some kraft ink. I also used Abstract Art to add some Kraft brush strokes to the card front.

The gorgeous butterflies were die cut then stamped and I added a pop of red with some rhinestones.


I wanted to go with the deconstructed rainbow feel on the inside of the card as well. I used the butterfly as a stencil, sponging in the colour, then over stamping the text.


This card uses a more traditional rainbow for the background. I created a rectangle mask, sponged the edges, stamped the text from Art Expression Text then removed the mask and stamped the brush strokes. The text has more of a watercolour, blurry feel where it interacted with the brush strokes which I really liked - it reminded me of looking through a prism or water to see a rainbow! I love unexpected things like that when I'm stamping! (if you want a crisp look, try stamping the background first with a permanent ink that won't blur with a water based ink stamped overtop)

I think this is my fave butterfly of all the different designs in this set, it's so bold! 



Inside my card I stamped the text again, and let my butterfly "fly" half off the card. I love those paint splatters, aren't they fun?!

Here are the wonderful My Favorite Things goodies I've used today:


  
Stamps: Blissful Butterflies, Art Expression Text, Abstract Art (MFT Stamps) Paper: Primitive White, Smooth White (MFT Cardstock) Ink: Premium Dye Ink in Red Hot, Grape Jelly, Orange Fizz, Lemon Drop, Sno Cone, Sour Apple, Black Licorice, Kraft (MFT Stamps)  Dies: MFT Die-namics - Blissful Butterflies (MFT Stamps) Other: Graduated Hexagons Stencil (MFT) Rhinestones

19 comments:

  1. Your backgrounds on the cards are so pretty. Gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bright and bold cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You coloured our world with these fantastic projects Sarah.Love the script back grounds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, I am loving the abstract art

    ReplyDelete
  5. such fun, pretty artsy cards, Sarah! love the brushstrokes with the text and butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic cards, lovin the new brushstrokes and mixed media sets

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sarah! I adore that card with the rainbow and butterfly! GORGEOUS!!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are AWESOME Sarah! LOVE the CAS designs on these beauties! FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These cards are awesome!!! Love the abstract but clean look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on your cards, loving those butterflys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. they are both beautiful, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love our abstract cards and backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE both of your cards! That deconstructed rainbow is SOOO pretty!! I really love how you showcased the Abstract Art stamp set & butterflies on both of these cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the rainbow effect on the one card. The dark butterfly really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two terrific cards! Like the subtle and the bold rainbow. Nice designs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh these are gorgeous! Looks like you'd lots of fun playing with your new goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!! What gorgeous and stunning cards!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!