June 24, 2013

Little Things


Hi friends! I hope you had a good weekend. We had a pretty major storm last week, so it was nice to spend a little time relaxing after all that stress!

I wanted to stop by and share my card for the current Viva la Verve challenge.

You can find all the details about this challenge and how you can win $100 to spend on Verve goodies in the Viva la Verve forum.

Petals and Stems is one of my all time favourite stamp sets. I usually gravitate towards my newest goodies when stamping, but this set calls me back time and time again! I wanted to try stamping it in neutral colours and I love the results!

I stamped the sentiment on a Charming Oval die cut and added some mini brads. The butterfly is fussy cut. Under the focal panel you'll see a hint of the fab Scalloped Trim Trio dies, also from Verve! I've lightly sponged the edges of the panels and some machine stitching finished off the card.

On the inside of the card I used some off cuts of the patterned paper, stitching them together. The sentiment is from Uplifting Phrases and I couldn't resist stamping that cute butterfly again!  

Stamps: Petals and Stems, Uplifting Phrases (Verve StampsPaper: Be Amazing (MME) Ink: Steel Blue, Kraft (MFT) Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger) Dies: A Cut Above Dies: Charming Oval, Scalloped Trim Trio (Verve Stamps) Other: Mini Brads

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous as always. Your sewing is sublime. Glad you weathered the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was one of my first Verve sets and I still love it too :) You use it wonderfully! Love the colours and the stitching. Wonderful work as always :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!