January 29, 2014

Wings of Love


Hi friends! I'm back this morning with another take on the fab Viva la Verve sketch for this week.


I'm still loving blue and yellow for Valentines, and I HAD to ink up the new-to-me Wings of Love as soon as it arrived. This is a must have, I can't believe I waited so long to snag it up!


I stamped the image on blending cardstock, paper piecing the heart and shading the wings with copics. All the sponging is Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I added some shimmer with a wink of stella pen, distressed all the edges and finished with some pearls.

I'm linking up to the Pink Elephant's love challenge this week!

Here's the inside...


This set co-ordinates with the Wavy Hearts dies. I've stamped one heart, and layered over a die cut. I just love that typewriter font! A couple of teeny pearls finish off this simple inside. This stamp set and the dies are currently on sale!


I hope you'll play along with us this month at Viva la Verve!

Stamps: Wings of Love (Verve StampsPaper: Times and Seasons 2 (Echo Park) Ink: Walnut Stain Distress Ink (Ranger) Navy (Hero Arts) Toffee Crush (Memento)  Dies: A Cut Above Dies: Wavy Hearts (Verve Stamps) Stitched Rectangles (Lil' Inker Designs) Other: Copics - E40, E41, E43. Pearls, Distressing Tool

4 comments:

  1. Those wings look incredibly realistic! I love your card, inside and out. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Distressing is my favorite technique, and you've used it beautifully here--inside and out! Love that deep gold dp, and the shading on the wings gives them amazing dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGOSH Sarah, this is absolutely gorgeous - love the colors! Thanks for joining us at The Pink Elephant this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh GF, this one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!