January 25, 2014

Preppy Thanks


Hi friends! It's time for a new sketch over at Viva la Verve! Each month, a random participant from any one of the sketches wins $100 to spend in the Verve store, so it's well worth playing along!

This week's sketch by Anya is an instant classic!


Here's my take...


I kept trying to embellish this card, but in the end, I kept coming back to this unadorned look - kinda preppy, no? Sometimes less is more I guess!

I've used You and I and the coordinating I Heart U die set. The U was cut three times from card, and once from paper for a 3D look.

Peeking out from underneath the focal layer is the wonderful Pennant Trim die.

Here's the inside...


Head on over to the Viva la Verve blog for lots of inspiration from the Divas! I'll be looking out for your cards this week, so try to catch my eye for your chance to be caught in the viewfinder!

Stamps: You and I (Verve StampsPaper: Persimmon (Basic Grey) Ink: Kraft (MFT) Espresso Truffle (Memento Luxe)  Dies: A Cut Above Dies: I Heart U, Pennant Trim (Verve Stamps) Stitched Rectangles (Lil' Inker) Other: Tiny Brads

6 comments:

  1. Loved how you used that set, Sarah! So love that big "U" and well done using matching sentiments on the banners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Sarah. Great color combo. Intriguing bird pattern paper (hand stamped, perhaps?.) Great inspiration for any occasion. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card and great sketch. I just love the insides of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love this one!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!