January 22, 2014

One Layer Birthday


Hi friends, I'm popping in with a back to basics one layer card for a pretty princess on her first birthday!


Often I find myself caught up with the latest gadgets, and needing a reminder of why I love this craft in the first place - the simple joy of lifting a stamp and seeing that magical image transferred to paper! I have a one layer card today using, count 'em - 1,2,3,4 Fresh Squeezed Stamp sets! Don't they work so well together?

I had a vision of pink birthday balloons floating over a city. I stamped in three shades of pink ink - the skyline from On Trend 2013, balloons from Life of the Party, little hearts (to match the heart window in the skyline - have you ever noticed that?) from When Hearts Collide and sentiment from Take a Number.

I think this could easily be turned into a sweet Valentine's card by switching to a sentiment from When Hearts Collide!

3 comments:

  1. I could look at your cards all day...swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing the effect that just one colour can have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHUT UP!!! This is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me - thank you!

I reply to comments via email, so if you would like a reply, please leave your address in the comment!